Sea Monkeys are amazing. Friends of ours - Nathan, Sarah and their son Peter - gave Luna a Sea Monkeys kit for her birthday. As a kid, I always wanted Sea Monkeys...you know, have my very own Sea Monkey family to train and do tricks - that's what it always said in the magazine! In reality, there really is something Frankenstein-ish about it. You dump a packet of freeze-dried sea monkeys into water - not much different from the flavor packet one finds in instant ramen. Instantaneously, these things are alive! Pretty weird.
When we first did it, there were dozens of them. Within a few days, only one was left standing alive. A cannibal? Perhaps. Here we are about two months later and this thing is still alive! Frankly, I don't know what I'm going to do with it when I leave. Martha?
Then there are the two snails. We have never fed these guys and they somehow keep living. I have no idea how they live. Again, what the heck am I going to do with these guys? Uhmmm...Martha?