Friday, July 14, 2006

I passed!

I had my Vietnamese test today and I can't believe that I passed! I was on pins and needles since last night - after close to a year of studying, it was all going to boil down to a two hour test. Thankfully, I had a lot of people praying for me and rooting me on. I went to mass right before the test. Convenientely, mass was at noon and the test was at 1:00. Mom suggested I ask Pop for help - so I did. I even wore one of his shirts today.

The strongest feeling I have is of relief. The worst thing was being asked to go back to the assessment room to be given my score. Those seconds just seemed interminable!

Thanks to Sonia and the kids especially for being so patient with and supportive of me this past year.

And thanks to our friend Julie for taking me out last night to dinner! That was a very nice distraction.

Now it's just packout and off to Vietnam!